Friday, February 26, 2010

I think Pandora wants my lunch money...

Its been a long time between updates, and I've been quite busy both with school and tweaking the radio station. I don't know for sure whether it is Pandora or my own pics, but I still keep hearing music that doesn't belong here. I just now gave thumbs down to Audioslave, Slade, and Primus. How the hell did they get picked for my station?? The only band I see that is a big wild card is "Television". I added them because they were an influence on of early punk. I haven't heard more than one of their songs in about a month, so I'm afraid that they are the reason Pandora keeps flinging Indie rock bands at me.

So I'm going to have to review my artist seeds yet again. I finally cut the Buzzcocks - though I really hated to do it. Not more than 2 songs later, Pandora plays "Just Lust" by the Buzzcocks. I could interpret that in a number of ways. 1) It was already in the queue and thus has no real meaning. 2) Pandora thinks that the Buzzcocks are a good fit with the remaining artists that I have seeded - which justifies my original decision to seed them. 3) Its a big "FUCK YOU" from Pandora. Since Pandora skipped playing "Sex Object" by Manda and the Marbles - a song that I really like - completely on its own, I'm leaning towards interpretation number 3.

I beleive that I solved what I refer to as the "Hardcore Issue." I took Agnostic Front out of the list of artist seeds. I didn't want to do that either, but the diversity was getting much too broad. There are still seeded punk artists that lean towards hardcore (as I define it), so hopefully I'm not actually sacrificing any punk/hardcore hybrids. Perhaps I should re-seed Clit 45 just to make sure?

Slade, Primus, and Audioslave. I still can't believe it. At least I heard Motorhead's "Ace of Spades" today. That tells me I'm doing something right. Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment