Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New (PUNK) Year!

        I got my Associate's degree in Electronic Engineering and Computer Technology, and I am excited about my future! I'm going to set the world on fire.... after my nap.


        I have a terrible crime to confess. I let my Pandora subscription lapse. The *really* big bummer was that I continued to listen to the station in December as if my subscription was still going. I was so horrified on December 11; when my free Pandora time ran out. Three agonizing weeks with only my sparse Punk recordings to keep me company. I was so depressed about it that I didn't realize until today that I could be listening to the station again if I wanted to.
 
        Not a whole lot of news right now... and what the hell am I listening to? 'White Witch'???  A Whitesnake sound-alike band? Hehehehehehehe. Mwahahahahaha! They get the finger. Thumbs down!!! Ah, I missed doing that. Some decisions are tougher, but I love kicking Pandora's stupid choices off of the station.

        Just gave thumbs up to a Yeah Yeah Yeahs song 'No No No'. Don't get me wrong. I like Art Rock like them, TOOL, and several others that I cannot remember just now. I'm a TOOL freak, but I won't play them on my station because the 'Art' part doesn't quite make them punk. Then Pandora sees the 'Art Rock' tag and puts all manner of junk on the station. This makes it really tough to play only certain songs from these groups. I have to thumbs down 10 songs for each one that I want played. And that brings me to noise rock.

        I won't claim to be a huge fan of noise rock, but I am trying to add a few bands like The (International) Noise Conspiracy, whom I am mildly impressed with. This will naturally lead to some... 'interesting' music getting played. Since I am not going to re-subscribe for a while, it is going to take me longer than normal to cull the undesirably harsh things that Pandora throws into the mix. Also, I definitely need to get more Iggy Pop on the station. This is puzzling to be because I started the station with Iggy.Punk out!

No comments:

Post a Comment