Saturday, October 17, 2009

Edits

Added Linoleum, MC5, the Dollyrots, the Boys, and the Cramps. Gave a 'thumbs up' to "Dead and Gone" by the Ettes (which means I want Pandora to play more songs like that).

I gave thumbs down to songs by Johhny Thunders, Discharge, the Jam, the Fastbacks, New Order, Carina Round, Marion Raven, and Upwell.

I actually like the Jam. They sound like... well... maybe a 1960's Dire Straits? But they aren't really punk in any way that I can tell, and they were getting way too much airtime. Discharge was a little too thrash metal for me. The Fastbacks are all right, but that song "Don't Eat That Its Poison" was just God Damned Annoying. The other thumb downs are pretty much self-explanatory. Or feel free to ask why if you think I gave them a raw deal.

'The Boys' are the very first 'power pop' band, but they never got the attention that they deserved. At Christmas they turned into 'the Yobs' and they released some very rude Christmas songs. You've probably heard "Run Rudolph Run". The Dollyrots are just damn good. Joan Jett gave them a contract the first time she heard them. Linoleum has a sound that is more new wave, mostly I want to see what Pandora throws into the mix.

The Cramps is a band name that I remember, but I never heard anything of theirs that I can remember. Pandora played some interesting things around the Cramps - like 'Surfin' Bird'. I like Surfin' Bird, but I may have to boot the Cramps if I get many more like that in the mix.

I'm thinking that I need more bands that are fundamentally punk. I'm not coming up with much of anything on my own. Many of my good ideas were Pandora reminding me of killer bands that I'd forgotten about. As always, hit me with your suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment