Tuesday, October 20, 2009

UnCramped

Got rid of The Cramps. Inserting them at all was an error on my part, but I will seed the Meat Puppets in their place. Un-thumbed down The Clash and The Jam. I didn't like to eliminate them in the first place but I could not control their air time. I put them back in because of all the other bands I added; I want to see what the complete 'mix' sounds like.

I'm concerned about the Proto-Punk bands that are seeded. I rather like having MC5 and the New York Dolls in the mix, but they cause Pandora to include other rock and roll bands. Apparently nobody told Pandora they were Proto-Punk. The 'Dolls in particular cause Pandora to include Johnny Thunders' post-'Dolls solo stuff. Its sloppy 3-chord Rock and Roll which is fine - but its less punk than the Dolls. So I may ultimately decide to lose the Proto-Punk bands. And the Donnas. They were inspired by the Ramones and others, but their music has mostly followed the others into a Party Hard Rock. More in common with Johnny Thunders than the Ramones. I'll decide over the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment